Applied Research in Musculoskeletal Simulation
- For additional information on the publications please roll over the ResearcherID badge above and click on "Go to ResearcherID.com to view more information" (this may take a moment to appear).
- Peterson, CL Riley, ZA Krepkovich, ET Murray, WM Perreault, EJ Withdrawal reflexes in the upper limb adapt to arm posture and stimulus location, Muscle & Nerve. 2014 May 18; 49: 716-723
- Hu, X (2013) Perreault, EJ (2013) Feedback compensation of intrinsic muscle properties during torque regulation tasks, Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2013 Jul;2013:5646-9.
- Wohlman, SJ Murray WM (2013) Bridging the gap between cadaveric and in vivo experiments: A biomechanical model evaluating thumb-tip endpoint forces, J of Biomech. 2013 Mar 15;46(5):1014-20.
- Buffi JH, Crisco JJ, Murray WM (2013) A method for defining carpometacarpal joint kinematics from three-dimensional rotations of the metacarpal bones captured in vivo using computed tomography, J Biomech. 2013 Aug 9;46(12):2104-8.
- Nichols JA, Bednar MS, Murray WM (2013) Orientations of wrist axes of rotation influence torque required to hold the hand against gravity: a simulation study of the nonimpaired and surgically salvaged wrist. J Biomech. 2013 Jan 4;46(1):192-6.
- Craig M. Goehler, Wendy M. Murray (2012) Computational development of Jacobian matrices for complex spatial manipulators. Advances in Engineering Software 47 (2012), pp. 160-163
- Mogk JP, Johanson ME, Hentz VR, Saul KR, Murray WM. (2011) A simulation analysis of the combined effects of muscle strength and surgical tensioning on lateral pinch force following brachioradialis to flexor pollicis longus transfer. J Biomech. 2011 Feb 24;44(4):669-75. pdf of published paper
- Hu X, Murray WM, Perreault EJ.(2011) Muscle short-range stiffness can be used to estimate the endpoint stiffness of the human arm. J Neurophysiol 105:1633-1641, 2011. pdf of published paper
- Johanson ME, Murray WM, Hentz VR.(2011) Comparison of Wrist and Elbow Stabilization Following Pinch Reconstruction in Tetraplegia. J Hand Surg Am. Volume 36, Issue 3, March 2011, Pages 480–485. pdf of published paper
- Goehler CM, Murray WM. (2010) The sensitivity of endpoint forces produced by the extrinsic muscles of the thumb to posture. J Biomech. 2010 May 28;43(8):1553-9. Epub 2010 Mar 19. pdf of published paper
- Elly S. LaRoque, Wendy M. Murray, Sarah Langley, Sanaz Hariri, Benjamin Parker Levine and Amy L. Ladd(2008) Muscle Moment Arms in the First Dorsal Extensor Compartment After Radial Malunion. A Cadaver Study. J Bone Jt Surg, 2008; 90:1979-1987. doi:10.2106/JBJS.G.01015. pdf of published paper
- Towles, J. D., Hentz, V. R., and Murray, W. M. (2008) Use of intrinsic thumb muscles may help to improve lateral pinch function restored by tendon transfer. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2008 May;23(4):387-94. Epub 2008 Jan 3. pdf of published paper
- Holzbaur, K. R. S., Murray, W. M., Gold, G. E., and Delp, S. L. (2007) Upper limb muscle volumes in adult subjects. J Biomech, 40:742-9, 2007 pdf of published paper
- Holzbaur, K. R. S., Delp, S. L., Gold, G. E., and Murray, W. M. (2007) Moment-generating capacity of upper limb muscles. J Biomech, 40:2442-2449, 2007. pdf of published paper
- Johanson, M. E., Smaby, N., Hentz, V. R, and Murray, W. M. (2006) Reduced activation in transferred brachioradialis muscles to restore lateral pinch in tetraplegia. J Hand Surg, 31:747-53, 2006. pdf of published paper
- Murray, W. M., Hentz, V. R., Fridén, J., Lieber, R.L. (2006) Variability in surgical technique for brachioradialis tendon transfer. Evidence and implications. J Bone Jt Surg, 88:2009-2016, 2006. pdf of published paper
- Lieber, R. L., Murray, W. M., Clark, D. L., Hentz, V. R., and Fridén, J.(2005) Biomechanical properties of the brachioradialis muscle: Implications for surgical tendon transfer. J Hand Surg, 30:273-82, 2005. pdf of published paper
- Holzbaur, K. R. S., Murray, W. M., and Delp, S. L.(2005) A model of the upper extremity for simulating musculoskeletal surgery and analyzing neuromuscular control. Ann Biomed Eng 33:829-40, 2005. pdf of published paper
- Smaby, N., Johanson, M. E., Baker, B., Kenney, D., Murray, W. M., and Hentz, V. R. (2004)Identification of key pinch forces required to complete functional tasks. J Rehabil Res Dev, 41:215-224, 2004. pdf of published paper
- Towles, J. D., Murray, W. M., Hentz, V. R. (2004) How joint stabilization and pulley release affect the thumb-tip force produced by the long flexor during key pinch: A cadaver study. J Hand Surg, 29:273-82, 2004. pdf of published paper
- Saul, K. R., Murray, W. M., Hentz, V. R., and Delp, S. L. (2003) Biomechanics of the Steindler flexorplasty surgery: A computer simulation. J Hand Surg, 28A:979-986, 2003. pdf of published paper
- Murray, W. M., Buchanan, T. S., and Delp, S. L. (2002) Scaling of peak moment arms of elbow muscles with dimensions of the upper extremity. J Biomech, 35:19-26, 2002. pdf of published paper
- Johanson, M. E. and Murray, W. M. (2002) The unoperated hand: The role of passive forces in hand function after tetraplegia. Hand Clin, 18:391-398, 2002. pdf of published paper
- Murray, W. M., Bryden, A. M., Kilgore, K. L., and Keith, M. W. (2002) The influence of elbow position on wrist range of motion following the brachioradialis to extensor carpi radialis brevis tendon transfer. J Bone Jt Surg, 84-A:2203-2210, 2002. pdf of published paper
- Delp, S. L., Suranarayanan, S., Murray, W. M., Uhlir, J., Triolo, R. J. (2001) Architecture of the rectus abdominis, quadratus lumborum, and erector spinae. J Biomech, 34:371-375, 2001. pdf of published paper
- Memberg, W. D., Murray, W. M., Ringleb, S. I., and Kilgore, K. L., and Snyder, S. A. (2001) A transducer to measure elbow extension moments. Clin Biomech, 16:918-920, 2001. pdf of published paper
- Murray, W. M., Buchanan, T. S., and Delp, S. L. (2000) The isometric functional capacity of muscles that cross the elbow. J Biomech, 33:943-952, 2000. pdf of published paper
- Murray, W. M., Arnold, A. S., Salinas, S., Durbhakula, M. M., Buchanan, T. S., and Delp, S. L. (1998) Building biomechanical models based on medical image data: An assessment of model accuracy. Lecture Notes in Computer Science: Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention - MICCAI ‘98. Wells, W. M., Colchester, A., and Delp, S, (Eds.), Springer:Berlin, pp. 539-549, 1998. pdf of published paper
- Murray, W. M., Delp, S. L., and Buchanan, T. S.(1995)Variation of muscle moment arms with elbow and forearm position. J Biomech, 28:513-525, 1995. pdf of published paper